Tuesday, December 17, 2019

vague versus vulnerable

it is so easy to live in a world of vague
to talk in circles
to brush on a smile
to say the right words
to do just enough to get by
in school
in work
in relationships
in fellowship
in prayer

are these words hitting a soft spot yet?

it is so easy to get lost in the world of vague
it looks like what everyone else is doing
it mimics the pattern of the world

but we are not of this world

we are so much more

we have been personally invited to the world of vulnerable

here it is not easy
to be open
to be real
to be raw

but it is worth it

to live in the world of vulnerable is
to live in freedom
to live in peace
to live in joy
to live abundantly


I have felt so convicted lately about being vague. I have reflected on many areas of my life and wondered if I was just saving face where I needed to. Immediately I began to feel inadequate and quite frankly, a terrible Christian. But the most amazing thing? The Lord is so gracious! He knows my worth and speaks life over me! He was the one revealing the areas that I had closed off, and then He asked to be brought back in. Vagueness to vulnerability is inviting the Lord to break down those walls you've built.

Originally written: October 16, 2018










No comments:

Post a Comment