Thursday, March 15, 2012

From a sincere heart

Conceit- excessive pride in oneself.

Why? Just why are people these days so conceited? I mean when I meet an overly conceited person I honestly just want to slap them across the face and yell "GET A LIFE!" But being the nice young lady I am, I don't. I try to hint that I am angry with the person for being so caught up in themselves but I never take action. I really could go off on this but for your own sake I won't go down that road.

Let me just say, I want to help these conceited people. It hurts me to see people so blind that all they see is their selves. And if my ways of helping I know God will intervene. "If I hold my head high, you stalk me like a lion and again display your awesome power against me." Job 10:16 How awesome is that?!?!?!?! If your are being an inconsiderate human being and only thinking about yourself God is going to STALK you like a LION and knock you down! YES!!! That is pure genius right there. Yeah, God you are astonishing. When I first read this I thought "Yay, I don't have to do anything about these conceited people!" But then what kind of friend/acquaintance would I be? If I was a prideful person I would want a friend to come tell me what's up. So that's what I should do. If I see someone in this situation I will gladly warn them, because, if not God's going to display His awesome power against you. Hey now, I would NOT want God mad at me. Especially because we know He can easily show us up. Now I am not saying God is cruel and would completely destroy you, but He will show you. You may not realize how you are acting but God can put a challenge in your life and afterwards you could look back and realize how dumb you were acting.

So people of this world, put others before yourself. Still, please have respect for yourself but not pride in yourself. Completely different things there.

--sea'sthoughts--

1 comment:

  1. I know I can think of several instances where I thought more highly of myself than I ought... Something always comes along to remind me anything I think I've got going for me is a gift from God anyways. Conciet is (sometimes) a cover up for insecurity, or at least it is for me. The best way to handle conceited people is just to love them, and let God grow them out of it. :) glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete