Saturday, March 17, 2012

Third Thought--Delayed

I'm honestly not even sure of a topic I would like to talk about.

I guess lately I have been thinking a lot about commitment. To be specific, a commitment to yourself and to God. If you tell yourself you need to clean your room are you going to commit to it? The same thing with your commitment to God. You have accepted Jesus as your Savior but now what? Do you just go on with life as normal? Hopefully not. It's a lifestyle change, as in actually carrying out the action of cleaning your room. I know I need to remind myself everyday that I am in God's Army and I need to be fighting for His cause -bringing more and more people to Jesus Christ- but we don't always do that. The average person gets wrapped up in their own world and consume. Why don't the Christians in this world produce?!?! I'm talking to everyone, including myself. Can't you keep your commitment to "Be the salt and light." Let's be clear, I am NOT saying go out and commit yourself to be a missionary in a foreign country. I am just saying do the small things that make a difference but, do them often and with a pure and right heart.

What do I mean pure and right heart? I mean with the right intentions. A football quarterback doesn't go out and play football for himself, he plays for the team. He plays his position and not the wide receivers. If he did that then they would surely lose. Also in this case the quarterback is not conceited which is a whole  other topic I could go off on. Put that scenario in your life. No, don't go out and try out for the NFL, but find out what position you play. Are you meant to be a pastor? A missionary? A leader? Maybe you are called to just serve. When you find your position or your calling do it. And don't do it for recognition, do it for God. When you walk into the work place of your calling your heart needs to be set on giving all the glory to God. NEVER should the glory be to you. People may say "Oh, you did such a good job." or "You are an incredible missionary(or whatever)!" Just simply reply with a "Well I do it for God." It's that simple. I pray that the people of this world will cease to praise themselves. Quit creating idols of yourself and others.

Back to commitment. Keep your promise to serve for God and never glorify yourself. That's about all I want to say

No comments:

Post a Comment