Friday, March 30, 2012

Pointlessness

Have I talked about drama lately? Ah, no? Well, let me extend my thoughts to you. No one cares about drama. I don't want to cause anymore drama by saying this but, mind your own business and respect a person's privacy by not spreading rumors or bringing the attention towards you and what you know or don't know. I am so tired of seeing all this crap on Facebook and everywhere. IT'S POINTLESS!! Know what that means? Google it. It says: Having little or NO sense, use or purpose. Understand now? Drama makes NO sense it has NO use and has absolutely NO purpose!

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8--9-10 Ok, I'm calm now. Who ever is reading this you have no idea how frustrated I get when I see pointless drama. (Keep in mind I am NOT involved in this drama, I just see it and hate it)
So I don't go off in my own little world elaborating on this subject, I'll just share some verses that help me, and will hopefully help all you drama starters.

In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent
Psalm 4:41
In this verse David is saying that when you are in a situation do not act upon your anger. A few weeks ago at youth we talked about reacting and responding. Reacting is uncontrolled and based on your immediate feelings, a response is thought out when you have calmed down and overlooked the situation with knowledge and consideration. So in a 'drama filled' situation, don't react. Lie in bed and search your heart, how do you really feel? What do you really believe-in the sense that you are keeping your personal ethics and ways of life in mind-about the problem at hand? And be SILENT. Yeah, shut up and let God work through you and tell you the best decision. Then ACT upon your RESPONSE.

By the way why don't you grab your own Bible that's probably sitting on a bookshelf just begging to be opened and read and find Proverbs 2 (the whole chapter) and 3 (whole chapter too) if you really want to know more about wisdom--how to get it, benefits, and good stuff. Hey even read Chapter 4 (P.S. mine is titled Wisdom is Supreme...hmm maybe wisdom is important...)

A man who lacks judgement derides his neighbor,
but a man of understanding holds his tongue

A gossip betrays a confidence
but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.
Proverbs 11:12,13
So if a man lacks judgement(synonym-understanding) breaks down his friends, but if he does have understanding then he will be WISE enough to hold his tongue and not cause trouble. Also if you gossip it betrays, ouch strong word?, yes betrays confidence--also known as that person's privacy. Go you for intruding!-- but if you are a person who can be trusted you'll keep a secret. I don't think I should elaborate this.

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
I love this verse. Read it again... 'nuff said.

Proverbs 12:26 says "A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray." Yeah, be careful who you surround yourself with. Your friends shape you into who you become, there are good relationships that build you and others that break you. Watch out.

While you got that Bible open check out Proverbs 22:17-29 Sayings of the Wise might be helpful right?

Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own. Proverbs 26:17. Wha---? Didn't make sense? Lemme dumb it up for you. Basically if you screw around in other people's business your like a cruel person who would harm an adorable puppy. That's about how I see it. Stay OUT of your peer's business you have no right to be there and you'll just cause more trouble by bla-bla-ing about it other places. Just stop. Shut up and be silent--I mentioned that earlier right?

And just to wrap it up, by causing drama you'll just ruin more and more things. "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." Ecclesiastes 2:11
In the context of drama this verse interprets to-- In the future, when you look back at all the drama that was caused by your own hands, you never accomplished anything. It was pointless. You were chasing something that couldn't be caught and you never gained anything. You mean after all that hard work of telling everyone about Sally Sue's private life I never gain anything? Yeah that's right. By ruining someone else's reputation nothing happens. In fact, you probably end up crushing your own reputation with your own greedy hand. Hope I didn't just rain on your lovely drama parade, but the truth is the truth.

I hope this will help you, in whatever situation you find yourself in now. By no means am I trying to change your social status as Queen or King of the Rumor Realm but I am trying to knock some sense into you. Come on now. Do you really want people at your 10, 15, or even 25 year high school reunion  to avoid you because you're still causing a ruckus with your meaningless and pointless rumors? Think about it, think about it long and hard. Just remember who you are: A child of God. So why don't you resemble your Father in a good way.

--sea'sthoughts--



2 comments:

  1. OUCH!!! This is great stuff! The older I get, the more I realize that half the junk I say I should just keep to myself. I'm working on it. And, the more I work on it, the less drama I find. I like not having drama!!! I'm glad you get it at such an early age! Good for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope that other people my age realize it too! I absolutely hate seeing all this drama on Facebook. I truly don't understand why people do it. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete